Friday, January 14, 2011

A little bit broken.

Feeling a bit heartbroken today... I talked to my son in Canada today and he was expecting me to come home for his grade 8 graduation.. WE were unable to afford it even tho it is still 5 months away.. WE all know it.. since I got fired (for the first time ever) from the job that was supposed to get us there.. WE are barely scratching the surface.. WE are behind in rent barely scraping to get petrol and food month.. and yes.. we are going through IVF.. it is paid for my my DH's Brother..
he told me it would be ok to not go as long as I was there for his grade 12 grad which is 4 years away.. I told him I would be there I promised him and I will not break this promise.. Would be so much easier if he would just come here and be with us.. WE would only have to pay one air fare instead of 3.. and I don't travel well anymore.. When we got here my legs were so swollen and I felt like crap for weeks.. He had the choice whether or not to come here with us..we wanted him to come so fricken badly as we had hoped things would be great and we would be able to see him sooner then later.
I feel like such a bad parent at the moment really and truly.. a bit broken.. I mean here is my son a million miles away and here I am about to go through IVF in less then a weeks time.. how is that fair to him?
I wish someone would give me the answers as at this moment I see myself turning into my mother and that makes me very very... sad.

1 comment:

  1. hi barbara....sure, you could just use butter in place of the shortening. hope things work out for you!

    ReplyDelete